Saturday, February 27, 2010

Howdy-do!

I've been known to have a gift for gab. I think I got it from both of my parents, more so from my dad than my mom, perhaps. My dad's side of the family is mostly Irish and according to the book Xenophobe's Guide to The Irish, "There's no use denying it, Irish people talk a lot. They don't know why. It just seems to pour out of them. Maybe it's something to do with living on a lonely mist-covered island on the western fringe of Europe. Whatever the reason, they just can't abide silence. It's a vacuum that must be filled."

Fortunately, I don't live on an island. I most assuredly would quickly make it a deserted island by running everyone off with my incessant chatter. Which brings me to the purpose of this blog. As much as I love to talk, I also love thrifting and looking for vintage items and clothing. My family, bless their hearts, have endured years of
my disappearing for hours on end in the thrill of the hunt, my playing show-and-tell with my bounty when I finally come home until their eyes have glazed over and they are breathless from sighing impatiently and my explaining why the car's gas tank is near empty again.

So here I will share snippets of my shopping adventures, pictures of lovely loot and other meanderings and musings along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment