Monday, July 19, 2010

Thrift Share Monday-July 19th

At the beginning of last week, our hot water heater decided to go kaput and that led to a small chain-reaction of other things to go haywire throughout the remainder of the week. By Friday, everything seemed right again in the world and I ventured out after noon to some sales. At a rummage sale, I chatted amiably with some older gals who were putting on the sale. I ended up with a very large box of finds. I thought I could manage by myself with it to my car. Instead I managed to twist some lower back muscles in the process of lifting the box and someone came over and helped me load it into my car. I went to a couple of sales on my way home and found a lot of vintage goodies.

Here are a couple of personal finds I found.




The cover of this cookbook sold me. It was $1.00.
This set of plates aren't vintage but they are definitely retro-inspired. I'll be hanging them on a wall in my office. I'm tempted to use them in honor of the season premiere of Mad Men that starts soon. I'll be using the box they came in for office supply storage.

This is a quick post as I'm decluttering my house as much as I can this week in preparation for a multi-family garage sale coming this weekend. I'll post how the sale went and my finds next Monday.

For more thrifty fun, visit Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Are those Roxanne plates? They are beautiful. I have some of her birthday cake plates. I messed up my back a couple months ago picking up a box at an estate sale. I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The back of the plate says Rosanna. I think she also did some designs for Vistaprint business cards. My back is doing better. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your back is feeling better. Lift with your knees girl!
    I like the cover of the cookbook too.

    ReplyDelete