Sunday, January 16, 2011

Menu Plan Monday-Jan. 17th


Weekly menu planning is a good habit I'm trying to get back. I got off track during the holidays. It really saves me the headache by knowing what's for dinner instead of staring blankly at the refrigerator and pantry at 5 o'clock. I plan our meals based on Amy Dacycyzn's pantry principle (as described in her book, The Complete Tightwad Gazette), what's in season and what's on sale. This evening it took me about a half-hour to go through two cookbooks and a couple of store ads.

Here's what we're having for dinner this week:

Monday
Spaghetti Pie
Veggie
Garlic Bread

Tuesday
Spinach Quiche
Bacon
Toast

Wednesday
Fish Tacos

Thursday
Leftovers

Friday
Lemon-Parsley Pork Chops
Mashed Potatoes
Veggie

Saturday
Roasted Chicken & Vegetables

Sunday
Broccoli & Three-Cheese Soup (Crockpot)
Crusty Bread


For more menu planning ideas, stop on over at Organizing Junkie for Menu Planning Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I fail at meal planning, but this year I'm dedicated to making it work! It's hard!

    ReplyDelete