Monday, January 10, 2011

Thrift Share Monday-Not Paying Full Retail

Last week was very busy getting things cleaned up from my mother-in-law's visit, the kids going back to school after a 2-week vacation and getting ready for my youngest kiddo's sleepover birthday party. The only room with carpet in the house besides a bedroom is my office and the only one large enough to sleep a number of kids. This involved moving everything out of my office and into an adjoining room. I filled some bags of donations and consignment things in the process. I'm taking my time moving everything back as I'm really enjoying all the space in my newly cleaned office.

I had to run party-related errands and squeezed in a couple of quick trips to nearby thrift stores.

Chico's top $4.99


Lane Bryant sweater (new with tags) $7.99. Retailed new for almost $60.



I found these napkins before Christmas. They were 50 cents each. The first set reminds me so much of Vera's designs. They don't have a signature anywhere in the pattern. The second set appeals to my country farm cottage side.



I've added cloth napkins to my 2011 thrifting wishlist. Most of our cloth napkins will be ready for the cleaning rag bin by the end of the year.

There is more thrifted finds over at Apron Thrift Girl's Thrift Share Monday.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice finds and great savings.
    I am still waiting on the cleaning and moving fairies to find my office and straighten the shelving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those have got to be Vera. Maybe made from her fabric so no name? Love the blouses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those napkins are gorgeous! Nice clothing finds, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the napkins, I used to find good ones all the time, but lately nothing. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW- you got some great finds!!! Love the bright fabric on the first set of napkins:)

    ReplyDelete