Sunday, May 29, 2011

This Week's Inspiration 5/29/11

Sundays for me represent a day of getting things ready for a new week, menu planning, writing up to-do lists, and checking my calendar. I like to have some sort of plan-of-attack, even if something pops up, I can have something to refer back to if I get off track.

With being self-employed, it's challenging to keep the balance of family, home and work when they all happen under the same roof. Even after 3 1/2 years, I'm still getting my act together.

Some things that are inspiring me this week to help me meet my goals.

Start a Business Journal. I love this idea. I started a journal in a basic black and white composition notebook with a small list of goals for June. Many times I have an idea, usually when I'm about to doze off for the night, and I don't remember it in the morning.

Flylady. I've been following Flylady since 1999. I'm working on a daily schedule to incorporate the Flight Plan that she sends out each day.

The list of books over in my sidebar. The only book I've made it all the way through is the cookbook. I'm on page 21 of The Element: How Finding Your Passion Changes Everything by Ken Robinson. I'll be scheduling some reading time into my day as I work on my schedule.

This will be a short work week for me as I'm heading out with some of my oldest and dearest friends for our second annual girls' vacation. I haven't seen them since October and can't wait to reconnect.

I hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Monica, I am a Flybaby too. Not a very good one, but I try!

    The journal is a good idea! I have multiple calendars going that I just cannot live without!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete